We are very excited to announce that rock band Blue October will be closing down the show at this year’s iPadpalooza! They will be the last of 6 bands playing throughout the event. Here’s more on the band:
Blue October have risen through the ranks to become a platinum selling rock band with a body of work that includes modern rock hits like “Hate Me” and “Dirt Room” and the #1 VH-1 smash, “Into The Ocean.” The band’s seventh album will be released on the August 20, 2013, when they will take their heart on the sleeve live show from coast to coast and around the world.
Here are a couple more winners of our recently finished video contest. Each of these received a free ticket to this year’s iPadpalooza!
iPadpalooza Rap! via Rafranz Davis & Nephews -
A Silent Film – by Mrs. Celeste Zadnichek
We’d like to congratulate all of our video contest winners who won free passes to this year’s iPadpalooza. We have decided to leave the contest open until May 19th for those of you hoping to still get a last minute FREE ticket now that the schedule is out. For more details click here:
Here is one of the winning video entries from the first round from Jake Duncan (@duncanbilingual) who set the bar high with this entry:
Here’s the link to all of the amazing sessions happening at this year’s iPadpalooza.
All told, there are over 100 sessions, 6 bands, hundreds of apps, and lots of food trucks. If you plan on attending, create a profile and choose the sessions you most want to see so we can make sure they are in the right rooms to accomodate! Some other cool features of this scheduling site, on the right hand side you’ll notice an “Apps” link where you can sort sessions based on the apps taught in them. You can also search by tags, so for example, if you are a middle school teacher, you can use the “6-8″ tag and see all the sessions that cover your grade level area.
Tags available to search: PreK-Early Childhood, K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12, Higher Ed, Library Media, Administrator, Organization, App Development, Art, Film, Music, English Language Arts, Foreign Languages, Gifted and Talented, Humanities, Math, Presentation Tools, Professional Development, Project Based Learning, Robotics, Science, STEM, Secondary, Special Education, Student Curation & Techie
Stay tuned and check back with the site on Monday as we’ll be linking up our full schedule for this year’s event. All told there will be over 100 sessions this year!
Bio: Felix Jacomino is passionate about authentically engaged students. Since teachers are the ones who help stoke excitement and creativity, he also believes it has never been a more exciting time to be a great educator. Project based learning, 21st Century Skills, and Mobile Learning are a way of life at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Day School in Coconut Grove, FL, a 1:1 iPad school supported by a team of three Technology Innovators, where Felix has been Director of Technology for the past 5 years.
Miss out on attending this year’s iPadpalooza? Here’s a second chance for you to get in. We’ll pick the top 10 video submissions and award registration scholarships to attend for FREE!
- No purchase necessary
- Must be 18 years or older to enter
- Any one in the video less than 18 must have parental consent to participate
- Entries must be submitted by 11:59pm CST on Sunday, May 5th.
- Only one video submission allowed per entrant.
- Submitted videos must be no longer than 60 seconds.
- All material in the video must not violate any copyrights.
- The video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous. Such videos will be rejected for submission into this contest.
- Submittal of video acts as permission for playback on iPadpalooza website and big screen prior to Keynote speaker.
Criteria for choosing winners:
- Contains reference to Sir Ken Robinson and/or his thoughts on school reform and creativity
- High quality of images, content and sound
- Bonus points for time under 60 seconds. (30 seconds ideal submission length)
- Humorous and entertaining
- iPadpalooza mentioned or represented in the video
- Video must be uploaded to YouTube and then link sent. We will not accept video files.
- Email YouTube link to iPadpalooza@gmail.com with “Video Contest” in the subject line.
- Please include name, district/company, and contact information should you be selected.
- Winners and losers will be notified on May 7th.
Submissions due 11:59PM CST on Sunday, May 5th!
Did you miss out on registering for iPadpalooza this year? We’ve received a lot of feedback from people that didn’t get registered for this year’s festival in time and really want to come. Tomorrow we’ll be launching our iPadpalooza “2nd Chance” Video Contest where we will be giving away 10 free registrations for this year’s iPadpalooza!
Check back on the site tomorrow for official rules and submission guidelines.
- iPadpalooza Mgmt
Book: “iPad in Education for Dummies“
Sam has been leading technology applications in business and education for over 25 years. He is recognized as a prominent expert on technology and educational reform and speaks at educational conferences both nationally and internationally.
Sam has been very active in promoting the use of mobile technology in education and has consulted with small schools all the way up to districts and even governments. Most recently, Sam was invited to personally consult with the Prime Minister of Greece about the use of mobile education in their country’s education system.
Sam is the author of the recently released “iPad in Education for Dummies” book published by Wiley Press. He also founded and manages the very popular iPads in Education Ning community website – www.ipadeducators.ning.com – that has a membership of many thousands of educators worldwide.
It’s official! We have officially reached capacity and sold out! This is very exciting and we still have 2 and 1/2 months to go. Thanks to all of you that have registered. This year will be epic because of you!
For those of you that didn’t get in….stay tuned….there may be an online contest for an extra couple of spots.